[asterisk-dev] Asterisk Supertest in Tokyo!

Olle E Johansson oej at edvina.net
Sun Apr 16 19:15:13 MST 2006

Ok testers,

So I forgot about y'all again for another weekend, leaving you stuck
with family life or alone with your TV-set
and 247.6 channels.

My apologies.

The reason? Another Asterisk-related business trip, this time to the
far east! I am in Tokyo, Japan, testing
Asterisk at SIPit18 - the international SIP interoperability test
event organized by the SIP forum.

This is a huge test lab - imagine a large conference hall filled with
almost 200 people, each one with
laptops - one or several - phones, video cameras, hubs, coke bottles
and other pieces of important stuff that I
am not allowed to tell y'all about (sorry for the Huntsville accent
there)...

I will spend one week testing Asterisk with many, many SIP devices to
make sure we pinpoint problems and
hopefully fix them too. There are teams here with impressive test
equipment that test almost every possible
construction in the SIP protocol and addons. Stressing and fun!

I hope to merge the final parts of the SIP transfer branch into svn
trunk today, so that it exists both in trunk
and the test branch. During this week, you will propably see some
other bug fixes being integrated into
the svn repositories, if needed both in 1.2 and trunk, in some cases
only in trunk.

This week of testing will lead to an even better Asterisk SIP stack!
My participation is generously sponsored by
Digium and Voop - Thank You!

/Olle

PS. This does not mean that you're off the hook. Keep testing!
       A special thank you to Max Bressel for test reports for the
"sipregister" part of the test branch!!!
       Max - you're the Asterisk Tester of the week!