[asterisk-dev] chan_btp: dialing external phone number when bluetooth not present?

Mike Garey random51k at gmail.com
Wed Apr 12 10:56:07 MST 2006

I posted the following message to the asterisk-users list, but haven't
received a reply, so I thought I'd try the dev list.

Can anyone tell me how me to get asterisk to dial out a phone number
when a bluetooth device is not detected?

I've tried putting the following under the clients section in
/etc/asterisk/btp.conf:

client =>user,00:12:34:56:78:90,Zap/4/1234567890

and in extensions.conf:

exten => 222,1,Playback(pls-hold-while-try)
exten => 222,2,Dial(BTP/user,60,m)
exten => 222,3,Hangup

but asterisk doesn't dial the phone number 1234567890, it simply does:

Zap/4-1 answered SIP/304-fc8a

and then gives me a dial tone..  From btp.conf, it says:

;If a default channel is specified, we
; use that channel if nobody has found the bluetooth device.

so it seems as though I can connect to a channel (in this case Zap/4),
but I can't actually get the channel to dial the given phone number..
If anyone can tell me what I'm doing wrong, I would very much
appreciate it.  Thanks,

Mike