[asterisk-dev] Asterisk Developers' Conference Call Proposal

Russell Bryant russell at digium.com
Tue Apr 11 18:44:03 MST 2006

Hello everyone,

We've had various attempts to have ongoing developers' conference calls
in the past.  Josh Colp, Kevin Fleming, and I were talking about this
again today and would like to propose that we start this up again.

The first issue is a matter of organization of the conference calls.  I
would like to propose that we allocate 1.5 hours each week for this
call.  The first hour will be for discussion of a predetermined agenda
of topics.  The last 30 minutes would be reserved for open discussion
about topics not on the official agenda.  Anyone would be welcome to ask
questions and bring up topics in this session.

The topic agenda would be set at least 24 hours ahead of time and posted
on asterisk.org.  Developers that would like to get a topic on the
agenda would contact me, or whoever keeps track of this, during the week
before the call.  There would also be someone on the call acting as a
moderator, to keep track of time and make sure that we follow the schedule.

The other big issue is finding a time that would be suitable for as many
of the core developers as possible.  In hopes of serving both the
developers in North America and Europe, I would like to go ahead and
propose Tuesday, at 10 AM Central Time.

All of these conference calls would be recorded and placed on
asterisk.org.  We would also make the recordings available through an
RSS feed.

Thoughts?

Russell Bryant