[asterisk-dev] chan_skinny fixes

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Thu Apr 6 15:01:50 MST 2006

Sergio Chersovani wrote:

> fun uh? it looks the same function

OK, I've read this entire thread (ugh), looked at the code samples
provided by Sergio, at the patch written by North, and at a few other
things.

I would have to agree that the functions look very similar, but as other
posters suggested, the function does a very simple thing. They have in
common that they populate an array of buttons, using named constants
(with names that come from publicly available sources), and they have
one or two special cases to handle.

I have no reason to doubt North's assertion that he wrote the supplied
code, but I do agree that is so similar that it does appear to have been
copied. However, it appears that tempers have died down here, and that
Sergio has agreed not to pursue any action for this particular piece of
code being placed into chan_skinny. If that is incorrect, please let me
know, otherwise we'll consider this issue closed and move on to more
important issues.