[asterisk-dev] chan_skinny - SCOigo is now TROLLING

Damien voip at facts.com.au
Thu Apr 6 08:05:13 MST 2006

Sergio Chersovani wrote:

> c'mon Simon, that is exactly the same function, just function and
> constants rename and 4 lines moved from the top to the bottom of the
> function.
> Anyway you can easy find more about the softkeymap implementation on
> the bottom of the patch file. Exact reuse of the softkeymap array.
> There are at least 1000 method to handle it... what a luck, the same
> method :-)
>
> I don't care about it. I just want to move over.
>
> Sergio

The function basically consists of:

switch type
type1 (repeated for each type)
iterate assignining buttontypes to buttons

That is it, repeated over and over. It is not exactly a complex function.

The underlying structure of the button templates seems to pretty much
exist in chan_skinny prior to the patch. So this argument seems purely
about the change from a static structure (as exists in the old
chan_skinny) to the dyncamic structure that exists in the patch.

While there may be a thousand ways to do the above, I dare say if you
got a thousand coders to write a dynamic allocation of the above, the
majority (given the existing chan_skinny structures) would look rather
similar to the chan_sccp code.

Bullshit aside, is it possible to work together?

Damien