[asterisk-dev] Re: Asterisk timing without hardware

James Harper james.harper at bendigoit.com.au
Thu Apr 6 03:54:00 MST 2006

> > Very good news :) from witch version of Asterisk is the
> > internal_timing=yes setting available ?
> > Do you mean that, using this setting no zaptel (even ztdummy) module
is
> > necessary ?
>
> No, that's not what he means (I hope). On the contrary,
> internal_timing=yes
> DOES rely on having a zaptel timing source.

Kind of a shame. It would be nice if asterisk could make use of its own
timing source (using the 2.6 HPET would be a good thing), so no ztdummy
would be required.

Failing that, it would be nice if ztdummy could use the HPET. HPET would
allow ztdummy to get timing spot on rather than the 1024Hz -> 1000Hz
approximation that it does now.

James