[asterisk-dev] Postgres Realtime driver

Olle E Johansson oej at edvina.net
Tue Apr 4 08:54:10 MST 2006

Friends,
Time to make a decision on the realtime PostgreSQL driver

As I have no experience of Postgres, I need some feedback:

- What problem does it solve that can not be handled by using ODBC to
postgreSQL?

- This driver is based on the mysql realtime driver, which is known
to cause a lot of
   problems. Will this happen here too? Any testing experience?

- Are there enough developers out there to maintain this driver? We
don't want
   to get stuck with code that is not maintained...

I am playing devil's advocate here, so please give me some reasons to
either
say "thanks, but no thanks" or "committed" as a last entry in the bug
report.

Issue #5637 in the bug tracker.

/Olle

---