[asterisk-dev] ZAP - Transfer/Conferencing

Anton anton.vazir at gmail.com
Sun Apr 2 15:20:20 MST 2006

Guys,

Just went through functionality of ZAP/Transfer/Conferencing
and for me that's very strange the way it's made.

On Asterisk:
So when incoming calls is to be transfered, we do press
flash, getting the dial-tone (aquire second channel) than
dial the destination number, talk to the persone, and IF the
persone hangs, we do return back to the caller,

But there is no way, to switch back to the caller, _without_
hanging 2nd channel, (what's very common in any simple
PANASONIC PBX, and comfortable).

So, whe we do press FLASH 2nd time - we do create conference
among all involver parties (caller, sectretary, and callee)

THE problem - secretary may improperly press flash once more
- so conference will be created without knowing for callee
that _he is actually heard_ by the callee. That is a
problem, and not virtual, that happened 10x time with our
office, than I decided to write here.

The way it's done in any other PBX I know is as follows:

conference is created only _after_ secretary press _another_
button ("3" in Panasonic), and not flash (to exclude
accident), so while pressing "flash" secretary just
switches between caller and callee. And in fact seems there
is no way to have same simple behavior yet in Asterisk.

Maybe solution exists in someones test branch?

Regards!