[asterisk-dev] chan_skinny fixes

North Antara north at ntbox.com
Sun Apr 2 11:25:38 MST 2006

Jeremy McNamara wrote:

> Sergio Chersovani wrote:
>
>> Again, not true North. The list of patch submitters is always
>> published on the release note so it's really easy to get disclaimers.
>> The users that submit patches are all members of the mailing list
>

> Then stop your bitching and go get disclaimers - then we can merge
> everyones work into a SINGLE SCCP based channel driver for asterisk.
>

> Jeremy McNamara

Jeremy,
    I couldn't have said it any better myself.

Sergio,
    Prove us wrong.  If you're serious about it, we can work together on
this.  I'd be willing to drop most of what I've done, and get chan_sccp
into svn trunk shape (formatting, etc).  There would be no more issues
with not being supported, since it wouldn't be a third-party channel
driver anymore.  As for being auto-adaptive, that won't really matter
after a short period of time, since it would eventually be in a release
version, and it wouldn't matter what version of svn they're running,
since it would come with the right version of channel driver.

    You would have to get a disclaimer from everybody who has ever
contributed to chan_sccp since branching off from chan_skinny, INCLUDING
the people who did so before you forked the fork (at least, that's the
story I've gotten).  Until we can verify everybody's disclaimer, I'll
continue doing what I'm doing.