[asterisk-dev] chan_skinny fixes

Julien Goodwin asterisk-lists at studio442.com.au
Sat Apr 1 06:08:04 MST 2006

On Sat, Apr 01, 2006 at 12:44:11AM -0800, North Antara arranged a set of bits into the following:
> All,
>    You might be asking yourself, "Olle has all of these great patches,
> and I'm so bored during the weekend, but I'm stuck with this stupid sccp
> firmware Cisco phone.  What can I do to help?" - well, fret no more,
> I've got great news for you!
>
>    I've recently started working on the chan_skinny code, and I need
> help with testing.  I'm hoping to get something that actually works (and
> works well) by the end of April, so I need all the help I can get.  In
> case you're wondering, the reasons I'm working on chan_skinny, instead
> of using something like chan_sccp, are A) Sergio (maintainer of
> chan_sccp) hasn't used a single patch I've sent him (others feel the
> same way), and he won't give access to his cvs/svn repos to help code,
> B) chan_sccp is not now, and never will be disclaimed.  Instead of yet
> another fork, I decided (with the help and encouragement of several
> others) to just fix the original.
>
>    If you feel like testing, or even adding code, feel free to visit
> http://bugs.digium.com/view.php?id=6859, and give your input - I'd love
> to hear it.

Can I just say that I feel somewhat disappointed that you feel this way,
since Sergio came out with his branch I've pretty much dropped away from
things. However I can't see any references to dropped patches after a
quick search. As for Sergio's methods my only comment is that I don't
think he actually uses revision control, the whole reason the fork
happened was that he was sending me a ~100k diff every day with code and
cleanups intermixed, and I had to manually split them out into
changesets, which took a fair bit of time I didn't have.

Thanks,
Julien