[asterisk-dev] chan_skinny fixes

North Antara north at ntbox.com
Sat Apr 1 01:44:11 MST 2006

All,
    You might be asking yourself, "Olle has all of these great patches,
and I'm so bored during the weekend, but I'm stuck with this stupid sccp
firmware Cisco phone.  What can I do to help?" - well, fret no more,
I've got great news for you!

    I've recently started working on the chan_skinny code, and I need
help with testing.  I'm hoping to get something that actually works (and
works well) by the end of April, so I need all the help I can get.  In
case you're wondering, the reasons I'm working on chan_skinny, instead
of using something like chan_sccp, are A) Sergio (maintainer of
chan_sccp) hasn't used a single patch I've sent him (others feel the
same way), and he won't give access to his cvs/svn repos to help code,
B) chan_sccp is not now, and never will be disclaimed.  Instead of yet
another fork, I decided (with the help and encouragement of several
others) to just fix the original.

    If you feel like testing, or even adding code, feel free to visit
http://bugs.digium.com/view.php?id=6859, and give your input - I'd love
to hear it.

North Antara