[Asterisk-Dev] GUI's

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Tue Sep 27 12:32:10 MST 2005

On Tue, 2005-09-27 at 20:46 +0200, Serge Sozonoff wrote:
> Steven,
>
> > What makes you think this is an appropriate question for the
> > asterisk-dev group?
>
> Well, one could argue that this would be useful feedback to have from both
> developers and users perspectives and as such I should have cross-posted to
> asterisk-users.

Asterisk itself doesn't have a GUI. GUI config tools fall as separate
projects as good *nix software should.

Your question was just a -user question as it ask essentially for user
experience, not about code or how to implement something in code.

Cross posting is worse as it usually shows you didn't think about your
intended audience and whether it is appropriate. Cross posting is often
seen as coming from a position of "I am more important than you, and
therefore you must see my message and answer me NOW!"

> Sorry to have wasted you time and thanks for the warm welcome.

It was no where near as warm as if you had been truly flamed.