[Asterisk-Dev] Impossible for an extension to send Flash to Bell CO?

hugolivude hugolivude at gmail.com
Mon Sep 26 08:51:27 MST 2005

It turns out that sending Flash to the Bell CO _is_ possible.

For example, assume you're paying for three way calling from your
telco, and you want to place a three way call.  First establish a call
with person A.  Press the Flash (or Link) button.  When you get the
dialtone from Asterisk, press *0 and Asterisk sends the flashhook to
the CO.  Now you hear another dialtone, this time from the CO.  Now
dial the number for person B.  Press Flash (or link again), then press
*0 to flash the CO again.  Now you have established a three way call
through the telco.  This only works with Zap channels of course.

Not a development item I know, but I thought I'd close the loop.

Hugh