[Asterisk-Dev] Redirection reason

Kristian Nielsen kn at sifira.dk
Mon Sep 26 05:06:03 MST 2005

Asterisk already has support for RDNIS redirecting number, in struct
ast_callerid in channel.h.

However we would like to also support redirecting reason, as specified
in SS7/ISUP (ITU-T Q.763 section 3.45):

     0 0 0 0 unknown/not available
     0 0 0 1 user busy
     0 0 1 0 no reply
     0 0 1 1 unconditional
     0 1 0 0 deflection during alerting
     0 1 0 1 deflection immediate response
     0 1 1 0 mobile subscriber not reachable

My idea is to add a suitable field to struct ast_callerid and fix the
necessary parts of Asterisk to pass on that field properly similarly to
how rdnis etc. are handled. Shouldn't be too hard I would think.
Asterisk generally seems to use ITU-T codes for such info anyway.

I just wanted to mention this now in case anyone had any input or
preferences on how it should be done, for example to make sure it works
with any other protocols that might have this information available.

 - Kristian.

Kristian Nielsen   kn at sifira.dk
Development Manager, Sifira A/S