[Asterisk-Dev] Stable change log suggestion?

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Sat Sep 24 07:11:59 MST 2005

On Sat, Sep 24, 2005 at 12:26:56AM -0400, Russell Bryant wrote:
> Rich Adamson wrote:
> > How difficult (or time consuming) would it be to create a one-line
> > entry into a README-Changes type text file when a bug gets applied
> > to Stable?
>
> If you'd like to maintain this, I'd be happy to merge your notes through
> the bug tracker.

I figure that the point is to do it at bug commit time, and not later.
Most changes into stable are directly related to some bug report, right?

Maybe even a changelog entry:

closes bugs n1, n2, n3, and n4, (even without summaries).

Given bug numbers, I'm sure it is relatively easy to automate fetching
more information from the Mantis, producinf a nicer-looking report, and
such. For instance, the following simple shell scriptlet prints the
description of a given bug (by number) :

get_summary() {
  num=$1
  wget -q -O- "http://bugs.digium.com/view.php?id=$num" \
  | sed -e '1,/-- Summary --/d' | sed -n -e 5p \
  | cut -d: -f2- \
  | rev | cut -d'<' -f2- | rev
}

There must be better ways to write this, but even simple line-based
shell scripting did the job.

--
Tzafrir Cohen     icq#16849755  +972-50-7952406
tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com  http://www.xorcom.com