[Asterisk-Dev] Open source time card application for Asterisk

Gilmore, Gerry gerry.gilmore at intel.com
Fri Sep 23 09:16:29 MST 2005

Chuck,

Actually, Caller ID cannot - so far as I know - "easily be spoofed".
While you can usually disable sending "caller ID" by the *6x method, be
aware that if you call an 800 number, that 800 number *will* get the
calling party number. It's needed for billing the 800# recipient.

With PRI, if you have it correctly provisioned by the carrier and they
support it, etc., you can legitimately spoof a caller name and number,
but I doubt a nurse or janitor would maintain a PRI line to do this. :-)

Gerry

There are 10 kinds of people in the world, those who understand binary
and those who don't.

Gerry Gilmore

Field Applications Engineer

Intel Corporation