[Asterisk-Dev] Suspected memory leak in 1.0.9

Greg Boehnlein damin at nacs.net
Thu Sep 22 11:47:14 MST 2005

On Thu, 22 Sep 2005, Thralling Penguin LLC wrote:

> A suggestion that would help is a Cron script that captures the output of 'show memory summary' every 10 minutes.
>
> I actually have a Python script that does this, parses it to a
> "database" format and uses a PHP graphing class to chart each part...
> This gives a GREAT visual clue as to what's leaking...

I would suggest that you consider submitting that python script to the
bug-tracker. I'm sure that there would be little objection to getting that
rolled into CVS so that everyone would have a copy of it. Once it is in
CVS, we can then start putting some other troubleshooting logic around it,
and building some repeatable, helpful documentation for troubleshooting.

                             KP-216-121-ST