[Asterisk-Dev] problem receiveing fax whit capi

Frank van den Heuvel frank at heuveltop.nl
Thu Sep 22 08:00:57 MST 2005

We have found problems with bridging fax-calls (disconnects, pages or
parts of pages missing, nothing to do with fax over IP) in different
setups. We maintain several Asterisk boxes for clients with both Digium
and HFC cards. It seemed not many other people had these problems. I was
notified that German mailing lists showed lots of messages about
faxproblems. Last week someone published a patch for a problem with a-law,
that I thought could also be the cause of our fax problem. After applying
this patch our problems with interupted faxes are gone.

see: http://bugs.digium.com/view.php?id=5186

Since last week I have pointed some other peoples strugling with
Asterisk-fax issues to this patch. It seemed to work for them to.

With kind regards,
Frank van den Heuvel

HeuvelTop ICT Diensten v.o.f.
Frank van den Heuvel        tel:  +31 30 602 22 22
Nieuwegein, Nederland      fax: +31 30 602 22 71

"There are management solutions to technical problems,
but no technical solutions to management problems"