[Asterisk-Dev] Re: #3986 bounty

Tony Mountifield tony at softins.clara.co.uk
Thu Sep 22 07:28:54 MST 2005

In article <4332B4E4.3010400 at sparco.com>, Chris Wade <clwade at sparco.com> wrote:
> Tony Mountifield wrote:
>
> > I'm hard pressed to come up with a better term than Stable, to describe a
> > Stable, non-changing feature set and configuration files, where the only
> > code changes are made in order to fix bugs and improve run-time Stability!
> >

> Why not call it cvs-1.0-stability?  It doesn't imply that it is stable,
> but it does reflect the idea of this branch going towards becoming
> cvs-1.0-stable...

Actually on second thoughts, why bother with a replacement name for Stable
at all? Just drop the "stable" moniker, and refer to branches by their
primary version number, so development is done in HEAD, and only bug fixes
are done in the v1.2 branch.

After all, when 1.2 is frozen and released, there will be both v1.0 and v1.2
branches as well as HEAD, so let's just call them that.

Cheers
Tony
--
Tony Mountifield