[Asterisk-Dev] Asterisk and GlobalCall

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Thu Sep 22 05:29:38 MST 2005

tim panton wrote:

> No, I think it is worse, there is (AFAIK) _no_ published API.
> GlobalCall .h files are _licensed_ too. That's what Kevin was saying.

Yes, that is correct. The libraries, header files and other bits and
pieces are not licensed for redistribution, which means you aren't
allowed to disclose what is in them to third parties in any significant
way. Presumably distributing a channel driver in source form would
violate those restrictions, since there is not an open published API
(which means that the source code itself is a derived work).