[Asterisk-Dev] Asterisk Dialogic channel

Matt Florell astmattf at gmail.com
Thu Sep 22 05:23:44 MST 2005

Hello,

I know that the recently announced Dialogic channel availability in Asterisk
(http://www.voip-magazine.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=490)
isn't going to be in the GPL release of Asterisk, but speaking as a
developer of add-on software for Asterisk I am very curious as to the
specifics of what the new channel type will allow.

First of all, what kind of channel will it be? will it be called Zap,
Dialogic or something else?

What specific features will it allow? Will the set of audio processing
functions available in the current Dialogic driver set be accessible through
Asterisk? If so how are they going to be made accessible?

What kind of Dialogic cards will Asterisk support? will 24-channel analog
cards be supported as well?

I understand that this is not scheduled for release until November, I just
want to be able to answer questions from clients that may have heard about
this and want to stick 10 quad T1 Dialogic cards in their system because
they heard Asterisk supports them now.

MATT---