[Asterisk-Dev] Suspected memory leak in 1.0.9

Tilghman Lesher tilghman at mail.jeffandtilghman.com
Wed Sep 21 23:00:43 MST 2005

On Thursday 22 September 2005 00:18, Craig Guy wrote:
> I am using:
>     app_rxfax with spandsp (0.0.2pre20)
>     asterisk-perl 0.08 (current version)
>     Asterisk addon cdr_addon_mysql from 1.0.9
>
> That's it for addons.  I've downloaded and will be installing the
> 1.0.9 tarball from the Digium ftp site as my 1.0.9 was originally
> sourced from stable cvs back in July, and I have noticed that the
> 1.0.9 tarball has a datestamp of August on it.  I'll see if that
> makes a difference.
>
> There are no registered peers on the servers.  It receives faxes
> and voicemails only.

I'd be suspicious of app_rxfax and spandsp as the cause.
Asterisk-perl runs only in external processes, not in asterisk itself,
and cdr_addon_mysql does not allocate memory, except on load and
reload (and reload should release any previously allocated memory).

You might try updating spandsp to the latest source.

--
Tilghman