[Asterisk-Dev] need help

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Wed Sep 21 12:12:55 MST 2005

On Wed, 2005-09-21 at 13:47 -0400, Andrew Kohlsmith wrote:
> On Monday 19 September 2005 12:04, Brian K. West wrote:
> > The users list is useless its about like the tits on a bore hog..
> > USELESS!!! This -dev list isn't much better.  And don't get me started on
> > the -biz list.
>
> I think you're dead wrong.  I've helped many people there, I've gotten many
> soutions there, and I've even contributed to some flamewars there.  ... but
> then again, so have you...  so why do you feel it's useless?

While I can't comment on it's current state, when It became more time
marking off threads I cared nothing about or flaming away at people who
asked FAQ questions, I finally unsubed from it. It was too much time and
effort wasted for too little gratification or information. So while I am
sure some of my asterisk skills have suffered from no longer being
thoroughly engrossed in it's development, I have been able to move on to
other important projects that help move my company forward, or at the
least, spend the previously wasted time out on my motorcycle chilling
out.

The -users list isn't worth having a stroke over the stupid questions.