[Asterisk-Dev] need help

Brian K. West brian at bkw.org
Wed Sep 21 11:48:58 MST 2005

The reality of the situation is that it doesn't improve anything at all.
The -dev list gets a post that has merit for discussion and nobody replies
or even engages in any type of discussion over the topic.   Meaningful posts
are ignored a lot of the time and petty posts similar to this one right here
get talked over and over and over again.  The horse is dead.  We all have to
clean up or acts here if these lists are going to be of any use to anyone.

To answer Andrew and Jeremy in this post also so we don't have yet another
meaningless post for people to live thru.

Jeremy,
    I'm here because I can.  I like to keep up with what is going on.  I
could ask you the same question.

Andrew,
    Yes I might have contributed to some flame wars in the users list and on
the dev list too but I have realized that is not the way to behave at all in
this environment.  I'm quick to reply and say the first thing that pops into
my head which most of the time is the wrong thing to say.

If the Asterisk community wants to grow up and project an image that we are
mature Adults here. Then at the same time Digium will have to step up and
provide Focus, Direction and some real Leadership to this project.  At this
point and time Asterisk as a project lacks strong Leadership.  Do you see a
roadmap? Do you see some solid proof that the development process is
changing for the better?  Do you see any of this?  I have been at this over
two years and it has yet to change after the many promises that it would!

/b