[Asterisk-Dev] need help

Brian C. Fertig brian at planet-telecom.com
Mon Sep 19 07:24:33 MST 2005

Brian,

   I found when using realtime sip or iax that just a alpha extension would not allow the device to register.  It has to have at least 1 number in it.  But from your standpoint yes I sip.conf or iax.conf will allow just a name to work w/o numeric digits.  I don't know why it exists this way but I couldn't get it to work any other way..   Also excuse my posting here as this could be a dev or a user thread..

Brian Fertig
Network/Systems Engineer
IT Administrator
Planet Telecom, Inc.