[Asterisk-Dev] odbc problems (newbie odbc developer)

Julian Lyndon-Smith asterisk at dotr.com
Sun Sep 18 10:43:08 MST 2005

I'm trying to use an odbc connection to a Progress database using
res_odbc, and have some problems with errors.

I was wanting to track the exact error that the driver is returning.
I've put debug messages in to print the parameters, and all seems ok :).
My hacked .c file spits out

Sep 18 18:28:23 WARNING[27089]: res_config_odbc.c:120 realtime_odbc: SQL
Parameter 1 [name] is jmls
Sep 18 18:28:23 WARNING[20181]: res_config_odbc.c:127 realtime_odbc: SQL
Execute error! (note that the unmodifed line number should be 124)
[SELECT * FROM PUB.rtsip WHERE name = ?]

(so now I know that the select statement is [SELECT * FROM PUB.rtsip
WHERE name = jmls]

How can I find out what the actual driver error is ?

Julian