[Asterisk-Dev] zaptel "rest value" of 0xff is not appropriate when ALAW is in use

steve at daviesfam.org steve at daviesfam.org
Sat Sep 17 03:50:34 MST 2005

On Sat, 10 Sep 2005, Kevin P. Fleming wrote:

> steve at daviesfam.org wrote:
>
> > By contrast, AST_ULAW(255) is 0.
> >
> > od -x </dev/zap/1 shows that channels not otherwise in use  receive
> > nonstop 0xff.
> >
> > So for channels that are being used for alaw, the "rest value" shouldn't
> > be 0xff but rather 0xd5, being AST_LIN2A(0).
>
> That sounds like a correct analysis. Can you provide a patch to make
> this happen, or does this assistance from Mark?

Kevin, others:

I have uploaded a new patch onto Mantis:

http://bugs.digium.com/view.php?id=5186

This patch fixes the issue where alaw channels should idle with 0x55
rather than 0xff.

Hopefully also the intent and correctness is more obvious than my previous
more subtle attempt.

Please refer to zaptel-dontidlewith0xff.try3.patch

Regards,
Steve