[Asterisk-Dev] Caller Name: Asterisk reading too fast

Alexander Lopez alex.lopez at opsys.com
Fri Sep 16 21:03:57 MST 2005

I discovered this back in March of 2000. See the bugtracker

http://bugs.digium.com/view.php?id=1192

It was decided that to force libPRI to 'wait' would slow down the call
process and may in turn not solve the problem b/c we (cpe side) will not
know when the other(network) side is done sending all of the info it is
going to send.

If we wait for Caller ID Name, what happens when someone, yourself for
instance before you upgraded, does not receive CID Name?

Do we wait until we should have had it and then error out and continue??
Do we have yet another variable to configure and add complexity to the
parser???

I say we stick to answering the call as fast as possible and working
these small variances from install to install in the dial plan...

Alex