[Asterisk-Dev] Caller Name: Asterisk reading too fast

J Thomas jthomas at cequip.com
Fri Sep 16 20:50:28 MST 2005

I am cross posting this on dev, because there could be some protocol
related issues here.

(On the other hand this telco guy's response may be one of those hall of
famers :-)

I asked my telco to release caller name on the PRI. Earlier they were
releasing only the phone number.

I still did not see the name, but only the number in caller id. Actually
I now see number twice. When I inquired with them this is the response I
got:

      "I ran a trace on your TG.  I see that your switch is
        picking up the call so fast that it is not able to pick
        up the name. The name is being sent, but I suspect after
        it is too late.  This is something that will need to be
        corrected in your switch.

        I have attached a sample call out of the trace I performed
        this morning."

They have sent me the trace file. It an be found at
http://pastebin.ca/23171

Is there a way, as it is, in Asterisk so that it reads the caller name
properly?

Thanks,
-- jt