[Asterisk-Dev] [Fwd: 802.1p support via SO_Priority& 8021q module in RTP.c]

Alex Y Fadeyev alex at mipt.ru
Fri Sep 16 06:57:35 MST 2005

-------- Исходное сообщение --------
Тема: 802.1p support via SO_Priority& 8021q module in RTP.c
Дата: Tue, 13 Sep 2005 11:05:36 +0400
От: Alex Y Fadeyev <alex at mipt.ru>
Кому: Mark Spencer <markster at digium.com>

Hi!
Because I use Asterisk in Ethernet switching environment it is very
important to me that Asterisk can use 802.1p priority (CoS) as well ToS.
802.1p support in Linux is very bad. Only way is use vconfig and map
SO_PRIORITY socket option to 802.1p CoS value.
I attach simple and ugly patch to rtp.c that allow set SO_PRIORITY with ToS.
It will be better, if SO_PRIORITY can be adjusted via asterisk config files.

--
Sincerely Yours,
Alex Y. Fadeyev
e-mail: alex at mipt.ru