[Asterisk-Dev] asterisk 'stable'?

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Tue Sep 13 17:31:48 MST 2005

On Tuesday 13 September 2005 16:43, Brian K. West wrote:
> Lets see.  Apache, MySQL, OpenH323 and many more run without issues and run
> on a wide variety of systems.   So that argument is totally false.

Zero of these applications mentioned have the realtime nature that Asterisk
does.  I'm specifically refering to the delicate nature of the Zaptel
interface.

We all know about the IAX2 registration-bombing issues and other
inconsistencies but none of applications you've mentioned have had a perfect
past, either.

Asterisk is evolving rapidly.  Something else that none of these applications
you mention are currently doing.

Rapid development means buggy code.  I am not saying Digium's doing a pristine
job, but I think overall it's going very well and I also feel that overall
things are progressing well.  Do you disagree?

-A.