[Asterisk-Dev] asterisk 'stable'?

Steve Kann stevek at stevek.com
Tue Sep 13 16:04:10 MST 2005

Matt Fredrickson wrote:

>On Tue, Sep 13, 2005 at 10:20:47PM +0200, Roy Sigurd Karlsbakk wrote:
>

>>i just wonder
>>
>>the asterisk 1.0 is named stable, and as i've been told that's
>>because it's feature-frozen.
>>
>>will there ever bee a STABLE asterisk, as in 'does not crash'?
>>

>Sounds like a question for the asterisk-religion list my friend...
>
>If you have a REAL question to ask about asterisk, its code, architecture
>or comments about how we can improve it, asterisk-dev is the place to
>ask it.  Questions like this will only get developers pissed off at you.
>If you have some bug that's acting up, post the detail of the bug, don't
>just piss and moan on the -dev list for no reason.  That falls under the
>category of trolling.

Matt,

Roy likes to ask this every 4 months or so:

<snip>

Date: Wed, 18 May 2005 00:55:13 +0200
From: Roy Sigurd Karlsbakk <roy at karlsbakk.net>
Subject: [Asterisk-Dev] stable/feature freeze?

hi

for what I've heard of the 'stable' release of asterisk, it's to be
regarded as a feature freeze and not a STABLE as in STABLE.

will future asterisk versions continue this and go on as "stable"
when only the feature addons has been stabilized?

if so, what will it take to get a thoroughly tested, stable asterisk
branch?

roy

</snip>

Lots of people have kindly answered him, saying how _he_ can help --
help test it, help build community, etc. But, the same message basically
keeps coming back here, in the same unhelpful way.

-SteveK