[Asterisk-Dev] rfc3389 status?

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Sat Sep 10 08:46:54 MST 2005

Roy Sigurd Karlsbakk wrote:

> what is the status for rfc3389 comfort noise / silence suppression?  are
> anyone working on this? is it planned at all?

It's 'planned' in the sense that we want to get it done, but there is
not currently any schedule for resources to be applied to the problem.
It will require some rather significant core changes in Asterisk to make
the audio streams able to run on their own timers, rather than being
timed off the incoming streams. This will also demand a reliable timing
source to be available on the host system.