[Asterisk-Dev] Ring requested on channel already in use

Matt Fredrickson creslin at digium.com
Wed Sep 7 11:50:19 MST 2005

On Wed, Sep 07, 2005 at 10:20:23AM -0400, alan wrote:
> Jeremy McNamara <jj at nufone.net> wrote:
>
> > Matt Fredrickson wrote:
> >
> > >Good report, lots of information.  See if you can reproduce it in CVS-HEAD
> > >(Asterisk, libpri, zaptel)
> >
> > Yes - After about 1500 to 2000 calls.
>
> Jeremy pointed out something I forgot to mention: this is hard to
> reproduce :)
>
> We're seeing the problem at intervals of anywhere between 1-2 hours,
> to 3-4 days. I'm pretty sure there's a correlation with specific
> incoming call behavior, but I haven't tested any particular call
> patterns yet. I can't think of any good way to reproduce this in a
> sandbox environment, since I expect it has something to do with the
> behavior of our PRI provider.
>
> In my case, this is a production system, even though it is somewhat
> limping along at this point. I will certainly upgrade to 1.0.9 and test
> there the next time this bug brings down Asterisk anyway. I'll consider
> 1.2 after reviewing anything else which it might break.

I don't know if you'll get as much help with 1.0.x as you will with 1.2/HEAD.
1.0.x is getting so old now that it's hard to remember what fixes and changes
haven't been backported or don't apply to 1.0.x.  If at all possible, I would
try to reproduce it with 1.2.  I personally feel a lot better about the 1.2/HEAD
version of libpri and chan_zap than I do about 1.0.x.  If anything, I would say
that (at least those two pieces) are also more stable than the ones in 1.0.x.

--
Matthew Fredrickson