[Asterisk-Dev] I need help to make a simple iax switch/proxy

Steven critch at basesys.com
Tue Sep 6 08:44:46 MST 2005

On Tue, 2005-09-06 at 12:50 +0200, Goldenear wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to make a small iax switch/proxy (I don't know which term
> is better). The need is very simple: a proxy small enought to run on a
> linux based wifi router (wrt54g) and/or simple enough to support many
> simultaneous peers. It doens't need all the bells and whistles of
> asterisk (many protocol support, voicemail, codec translation, etc ...).

Since most of the features you mention are built as modules, you can
just not load them. Also with some Makefile editing, you can go in and
eliminate a lot of the compiled in portions that you don't need. It
might even be possible to do everything you need in just the makefile.

If you can do it in the makefile, I'd suggest making a new target for
the router. This would allow you to merge the changes back upstream if
you like.

--
Steven Critchfield
critch at basesys.com