[Asterisk-Dev] T.38 source code

Terry Wilson otherwiseguy at gmail.com
Fri Sep 2 09:04:28 MST 2005

> It offers a TKPT link between a TIFF file on an Asterisk machine, and a
> remote machine. Very few remote machine support TPKT, and as far as I
> know not a single ATA does. It is, therefore, pretty limited from that
> point of view. Most people have asked for T.38 passthrough or a T.38
> PSTN gateway, rather than TIFF to remote machine. This software provides
> neither, so again it seems pretty limited from a practical point of view.

Of course, the important questions are "How hard is it to get from what it
does to what everyone would like it to do?" and "Does this get us closer to
where everyone would like to be". Anyone who knows a lot more about this
than I care to offer any answers? Just how much work is required in "sawing
off the other half" of spandsp and making it work with T.38"? (Forgive me,
faxing is not my strong point)