[Asterisk-Dev] ZyXel 2000W

El Flynn el_flynn at lanvik-icu.com
Thu Sep 1 19:15:12 MST 2005

John Matthews wrote:

> I thought my experiences with the ZyXEL 2000W might be of interest to
> anyone planning on buying one. After 2 days with the ZyXEL we returned
> our as fault because of the following problems:

<snip>

> 2)     Phone fails to upgrade to latest firmware revision WJ.00.11.
> Download gets to stage where it says "Completed: 99%" on phone LCD. 5
> mins later there is no change. Removal of battery required to reboot.
> Phone still has original firmware (WJ.00.10).

read somewhere on the list about avoiding the WJ.00.11 firmware as it's dodgy.
Not too sure..

--

Thought I'd add in my observations as well. We just recently deployed 20 of the
phones to a client:

1. Generally they perform ok.

2. Periodically the phones would not be able to register to the * server,
although I suspect it's got something to do with the APs the client is using.

3. "Hold" button doesn't work for me.

4. After saving the WiFi settings in a profile, occasionally phone would revert
to some other settings when rebooted. Most often we saw was after configuring
the phone with specific WEP keys etc. upon reboot it would set itself up with no
WEP security. Possibly tied with issue #2 above.

OP mentioned something about no transfer button, which is true -- had to resort
to using the *-based "# transfer" stuff.

Cheers,
Flynn