[Asterisk-Dev] Re: asterisk/include/asterisk utils.h,1.46,1.47

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Mon Oct 31 10:29:10 MST 2005

Luigi Rizzo wrote:

> The following fails with gcc 3.4.4 as well, for t defined as [u]int{8|16}_t,
> on FreeBSD at least.

It fails on Linux using GCC 3.3.5, 3.4.3 and 4.0.1, on both x86 and
x86-64. I think this is a bug in the compiler, actually, based on the
description of -Wconversion and the warning message itself.

I have reported it to the gcc-help list to see if I get flamed or get a
reasonable explanation... if the latter, I'll forward it here.