[Asterisk-Dev] Developing custom softphone

Arnaldo de Moraes Pereira egghunt at gmail.com
Mon Oct 31 06:49:24 MST 2005

Hi Eugene,

I'm copying iaxclient list, as this is off-topic on *-dev.

What platform do you need it to run on ? Alexandre Fiori and myself
are developing an IAX2 softphone, it's still in early stage, but it
already works fine. It's written in C, using SDL and it's tested in
Linux and Windows XP (cross-compiled with mingw).

We'll release it under GPL, but just when we feel it's ready for
public use. Anyway, I'm just writing because I'm very interested in
developing IAX applications, for many platforms as possible.

I've attached a minimalistic IAX2 shell I've wrote, it might help you
understand. Here's a quick example of the supported commands:

register user:pass at server
dial [user:pass at server/]extension
answer
hang
send_dtmf c - where c is a char
history - show command history
send_text - I was testing iaxclient, it's useless

Take care.