[Asterisk-Dev] Please accept this patch to wcfxo.c to identify itself with debug set .

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Sun Oct 30 01:54:33 MST 2005

On Sat, Oct 29, 2005 at 08:22:24AM -0600, Mr. James W. Laferriere wrote:
> 	Hello All ,  Please accept this patch to wcfxo.c to identify itself
> 	with debug set at modprobe .  Hth ,  JimL
>
> ie: from /etc/modprobe.conf
>
> install wcfxo /sbin/modprobe --ignore-install wcfxo debug=1 && /sbin/ztcfg -vv -d9

Regardless of the patch (snipped from this reply), could you please
explain what is the point of the above complex line?

It will fail if you have a slightly more complex zaptel configuration,
which is why I rather run ztcfg in a separate init.d script and not get
strange "modprobe failures". But then again:

install wcfxo /sbin/ztcfg -vv -d9

seems rather equivalent.

And obviously: modprobe.conf is 2.6-specific.

--
Tzafrir Cohen     icq#16849755  +972-50-7952406
tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com  http://www.xorcom.com