[Asterisk-Dev] New app: app_page comments

James Gardiner asterisk at crafted.com.au
Mon Oct 24 18:11:52 MST 2005

Well not really,
If we have a 1.2beta1, and it's a few months old by now.
You would expect that 1.2 would be based mainly on the stability factors of
CVS head when beta1 was released.

Beta for a release is, in my mind, an effort to qualify that release as
reliable and no extremely experimental code.

Dropping an extra app like app_page would not be an issue, however, there
are a lot of other things that could be.

1.2 is taking a LOT longer then it should, so maybe they are trying to
leverage a few considered major experimental issues into 1.2, but are
rushing behind closed doors be bring them into a no so experimental stage so
can be set into 1.2

1.2 really needs to be released.  It is a huge jump, in my opinion.  As such
a version 2.0 is probably OK in my book.

Look at Photoshop and other programs.  They jump a version just by adding a
few changes to icons etc. (So they can charge for another upgrade. Hehe)

James