[Asterisk-Dev] Developers wanted

Senad Jordanovic senad at bicom.us
Mon Oct 24 11:13:42 MST 2005

asterisk-dev-bounces at lists.digium.com wrote:
> On Mon, 2005-10-24 at 18:06 +0100, Senad Jordanovic wrote:
>> DEVELOPERS NEEDED
>>

>> Bicom Systems has been offered a contract to implement an independent
>> private voice network based on our SWITCHware products
>> to serve as alternative to local ILECs services. This is initially to
>> include about 100 cities in a major country then to expand
>> world wide in the latter half of 2006.
>>

>> As a result we are looking to employ a number of developers to
>> expand our development team with following requirements:
>> 	Excellent experience in Linux, Apache, MySQL, C and/or PHP with
>> appropriate verifiable references
>
> How can you take a business seriously when they want to use MySQL.
> MySQL is the MS Access of the OSS world, you use it when you need
> something small and quick done, but you upgrade when it becomes
> mission critical.

This business opportunity is serious, real and it is here hence our posting
to this mailing list. This just further confirms asterisk popularity and
readiness to be implemented at large scale(s).

As for MySQL comment, SWITCHware uses a local copy of MySQL at each location
per blade server with replication done at regional/state/country level(s).
This gives as opportunity to implement archiving of data
and to use another database for other levels if that becomes necessary.