[Asterisk-Dev] RPID Problems

Sherwood McGowan madprofzero at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 23 09:58:46 MST 2005

Hey all,
I had asked about this before, and Olle had answered that he hasn't worked
with the RPID code much, and that someone else may be able to help. Since
there's been considerable traffic since then, I figured I re-pose the
question.

The problem is that I have
	trustrpid=yes
	sendrpid=yes

Set in the [general] portion of sip.conf, but when I use
SetCallerPres(prohib_passed_screen) (or any other presentation setting) in
the dialplan, or if I use SetCallerID(Private <>), the number is still
showing up on the remote caller's CID....

Info about our servers:

SIP channels ONLY
CVS-HEAD from 10/19/2005 or so
RealTime is being used with MySQL, pulling:
	User/Peer/Friend entries
	All voicemail account information
	User configuration settings
 	 (being looked up and applied within dialplan logic)
CallerID also not coming through TO about 50 of our ~3K accounts
CallerID is showing up (even when it's been set to restrict it)

Our setup is (basic version) like this:

UA <-> Internet <-> Our_Server <-> SIP_to_PSTN_Provider <-> PSTN

We use G711u exclusively, if that matters..

I would greatly appreciate any input I can get, because I'm getting hammered
by a rather large number of our customers who aren't getting the privacy
they thought they had.

Oh, one last thing. This just started happening around 9/22/2005, when we
had done a CVS-HEAD install on a machine that was using a HEAD from late
August or early September.

Thank you very much,
Sherwood