[Asterisk-Dev] multiple registrations of same credentials

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Sun Oct 23 08:04:07 MST 2005

On Sunday 23 October 2005 10:44, Jason Pyeron wrote:
> READ THE FULL THREAD, you are making me mad, very mad for your inability
> to read.

I did read the full thread, at least up to my posting.  All I read from you
was "This is how it's done elsewhere"  "my customer needs it now" and "I
don't want to do it the way you suggest."

> I am programming it, I am following an IETF draft.
> I am trying to conform our efforts to asterisk development standards.

That's a good thing.  Honestly.

I'm really not sure why it's such a big deal to use SIP/400a&SIP/400b&SIP/400c
-- it sounds like you want some kind of alternate Dial which "does what you
mean" instead of what you say, and to bury all the complexity in the SIP
register handler... all for what?  To make your dialplan seem cleaner?  Why
not just use a macro?

It's my experience that the dialplan is very much like programming in assembly
language.  Write the lowlevel stuff, then write progressively higher-level
contexts until you get to a very clean state.

It sounds like you want to forego all of that.

> So SHUT UP OR SAY SOMETHING USEFUL alluding to my "incapabilities"

I believe I just did.

-A.