[Asterisk-Dev] Asterisk manager api - ANI in inbound call?

Jacob Tinning tinning at sifira.dk
Fri Oct 21 05:41:49 MST 2005

On Thu, 20 Oct 2005, Pere Sáez Garcia wrote:

> When an inbound call is ringing in a channel there isn't any value for ANI
> in that structure. Is necessary do something previously in the dial plan?

I thought it wasn't necesarry .. The ani should be accessible in the structure when the
ast_channel_tech.call(struct ast_channel *chan, char *addr, int timeout) function
is called. - Unless the originating channel didn't put it there, or if it is not
available. (as far as I know).

>> Is the ANI saved in any field of a channel? I need obtain that when a new
>> channel is ringing.
>
> Look at the 'struct ast_callerid' in channels.h
> Useually the ANI is stored in "chan->cid.cid_num" or "chan->cid.cid_ani"

Mvh. Jacob

--
Jacob Tinning
System Developer                                               SIFIRA