[Asterisk-Dev] TDMoE + kernel badness

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Thu Oct 20 18:57:39 MST 2005

On Thursday 20 October 2005 16:45, astgroups wrote:
> I've tried posting this on the -user group on several occasions but no
> feedback. Digium support suggests I use IAX trunks but my dial plans are
> built around the TDMoE feature and it would be too complex to rewrite
> everything. Plus TDMoE has always worked for us. Below is my original
> posting: Thanks for any tips.

I don't know enough about the issue to be able to propose a fix, but there are
alternatives (IAX2 trunking) and it has been generally accepted that TDMoE
has been deprecated.

My suggestion is to either fix it yourself (gaining the requisite knowledge
along the way) or see if you can attract someone with the knowhow with a
sufficient bounty.

I assume that you had a working system before you started upgrading things,
which is evidenced by your "it'll take too much work to change it" comment.
So ... perhaps simply not upgrading and keeping what worked is always another
option.

-A.