[Asterisk-Dev] AEL Language, how stable is it?

Sherwood McGowan madprofzero at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 20 18:36:21 MST 2005

I'm curious to know how stable AEL is, because I defined a very basic
"replacement" for everything except the [general] portion of my
extensions.conf, but I get errors about the requested extension/context not
being merged, and being unable to find the included contexts....

I ask here because since it's a new and rather experimental mod, the
developers would most likely know if it's just a bug in the parser
code...This is all from a 2 day old CVS-HEAD checkout...

Here's the AEL:

globals {
 Console=Console/dsp;
 TRUNKOFC=@office_trunk;
 TRUNKRES=@res_trunk;
 TRUNKMSD=0;
};

context default {
 includes {
  res_inbound;
  office_incoming;
  office_outgoing;
 };
};

context res_inbound {
 16143601415 => {
  Dial(SIP/${EXTEN}$TRUNKRES,100,rt);
  if(${DIALSTATUS}="CHANUNAVAIL") {
   Answer();
   Wait(2);
   Playback(user);
   Playback(unavailable);
  };
 };

context office_incoming {
 202 => {
  Dial(SIP/202,120,rTt) ;
 };
};

context office_outgoing {
 _X. => {
  Dial(SIP/${EXTEN}${TRUNKOFC},120,rTt);
 };
  VERBOSE(1|Set CallerID Presentation to Private);
  SetCallerPres(prohib_passed_screen);
  Dial(SIP/${EXTEN:3}${TRUNKOFC},120,rTt)
 };
};