[Asterisk-Dev] OT:Steven Critchfield

Colin Anderson ColinA at landmarkmasterbuilder.com
Thu Oct 20 16:08:11 MST 2005

When I joined the -users list and when SC was actively posting instead of
lurking as he does now, I found his posts to be acerbic, rude, and demeaning
and he raised my blood pressure considerably. However, I also found him to
be one of the most brilliant people on any of the Digium sponsored lists, so
now I feel privileged to get flamed by him.

Hey, you have to admit, that his response to the thread in question here was
spot on and in a single, short, rude, paragraph he succinctly cut to the
core of the issue. Like his methods or hate him, IMO he is one of the most
single valuable contributors to the lists and I'm actually quite
disappointed that he doesn't post much anymore.

Far as I'm concerned Critch is all right and if he's ever in Canada I would
go out of my way to buy him a beer. The lesson is, don't take posts
personally. There is no requirement to be cordial or accommodating when
posting on the lists, just smart and well informed, both of which SC is
eminently qualified for.