[Asterisk-Dev] TDMoE + kernel badness

astgroups astgroups at adelphia.net
Thu Oct 20 13:45:49 MST 2005

I've tried posting this on the -user group on several occasions but no
feedback. Digium support suggests I use IAX trunks but my dial plans are
built around the TDMoE feature and it would be too complex to rewrite
everything. Plus TDMoE has always worked for us. Below is my original
posting: Thanks for any tips.

"Badness in local_bh_enable at kernel/softirq.c on 2.6.X"

I'm seeing this on Kernel 2.6.+ implementations, namely Redhat Enterprise variant
machines while trying to do TDMoE trunks between two machines.
2.4 Kernel operates fine on the same hardware....

I'm compiling zaptel-1.0.9.2 as per instructions in README.Linux26 +
README.udev. I've also used CVS head.

Here are some references where the issue has been reported before but
I've yet to find a documented solution;

http://lists.digium.com/pipermail/asterisk-users/2005-February/091867.html

http://bugs.digium.com/view.php?id=5126