[Asterisk-Dev] Bug 4301 - ztdummy accuracy problem

Chih-Wei Huang cwhuang at citron.com.tw
Tue Oct 18 20:13:18 MST 2005

Carlos Antunes wrote:
> On 10/18/05, Chih-Wei Huang <cwhuang at citron.com.tw> wrote:
>
> Patch in bug # 5374 only makes a difference if Asterisk gets complied with
> -DZAPTEL_OPTIMIZATIONS. When compiling Asterisk, can you tell if
> -DZAPTEL_OPTIMIZATIONS is being used?

Yes, it is, as shown below.

gcc -pipe  -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes
-Wmissing-declarations -g  -Iinclude -I../include -D_REENTRANT
-D_GNU_SOURCE  -O6 -march=i686  -DZAPTEL_OPTIMIZATIONS
-fomit-frame-pointer    -c -o channel.o channel.c

However, the patched code seems not be contained in a
#ifdef ZAPTEL_OPTIMIZATIONS block.
I don't know why it makes any difference...

> After Asterisk is compliled this way, ztdummy needs to be running.

Yes, if you mean kernel module ztdummy has to be loaded...